3D rendering: a new world for the construction of commercial spaces
We live in a visual age and we need to take advantage of the technology available to us to improve our business outcomes. Graphics affect our memory in amazing ways, which is why such extensive planning goes around advertising, logo and web designs. Today, it is possible to take a 2D concept and turn it into a 3D reality.
That is why architects, mechanical engineers, realtors and interior designers can rely on 3D rendering and 3D animation services to create a mirror image of any prospective office building, commercial space, and restaurant or resort design before the process of building starts.
By modelling and animating scenery, architects can render 3-dimensional imagery of construction and interior plans in accordance to the specified location. This allows architects to set out a proper and realistic look and feel of any building design so that clients can feel comfortable in knowing what the end product will look like. There are many advantages that 3D rendering and 3D walk-through animations have for commercial property development:
- It allows architects, engineers and interior designers to incorporate different textures and materials into a building design. This includes construction and interior specifications.
- Seeing lines and shapes subliminally has a psychological effect on our emotions. Explaining how certain lines and textures will look in the construction and interior design of a building is not as powerful as seeing it in front of you. Therefore, you get to tug at clients’ heart strings with real life examples of their soon-to-be building design.
- It is easy to edit and change specifications of a building design in accordance with budget or space restrictions. This assures that money is not wasted on trial and error ideas because the design can be perfected before the first brick is bought.
- You can use 3D animation on big screens in front of soon-to-be commercial spaces. This will be a good teaser for potential customers and will also ease the minds of people who feel inconvenienced by store changes, close downs, etc. The exciting ‘watch this space’ acts as a distraction from ongoing construction and makes people more excited for the grand opening.
- 3D animation makes use of lighting techniques that shows architects and designers how the sun’s natural light will affect the building, how interior lighting can be manipulated and will help identify areas that need improvement.
- Having a 3D floor plan laid out in realistic form will help clients understand the space that they have to work with. By adding furniture and décor into the 3D animation, it is easy to start planning out shelving, cupboard and display space for commercial areas. Restaurant owners will also have a broad idea of how many guests can be accommodated at the same time, etc.
- Most of the time, complex building structures used for commercial space must work around a lot of rules and regulations and this can cause delays. With 3D rendering and animation, contractors can explore the full details of the building design and point out at an early stage if there is anything that needs to be changed in order to alleviate construction delays.
- 3D animation can also help clients make landscaping decisions in terms of space and structure around the building. Clients can start working on planning the landscape surrounding the building far before construction is complete.
You, the architect, engineer, interior designer or realtor can pull clients into action by using state of the art interaction of 3D rendering and animation.